Medical marijuana has been legalized in majority of states in the US. Marijuana is still illegal according to federal law. The medical value is not recognized but using medical marijuana card recipients can avoid criminal and civil penalties [at state levels]. Medical marijuana card enables cannabis use for different illnesses offering some relief to individuals suffering for a long term.
Maryland marijuana card will allow the holder to purchase cannabis from state approved wellness centers, dispensaries and health clinics.
How to get medical marijuana card [MMID]?
Several steps are involved in getting medical marijuana card.
- Know your states rules and legislations to get approved for MMID card. Each state will have its personal stance regarding the approval process of MMID card. It is wise to know the hurdles that need cleared before starting the process.
- Majority of states need applicants to give medical records and the kind of injury, disability, or illness that needs using marijuana to reduce the pain. It means getting a valid statement from the physician recommending use of medical marijuana for specific condition. The doctor will work directly with the states health department for filing accurate paperwork.
- State residency proof like passport and driver’s license is also needed.
- Make sure that your health condition is included in the list of qualifying medical conditions for approval of MMID card.
- In several states, you will need to re-apply for the MMID card, on expiration. Check the time limits of MMID card in the health department of your state.
With a medical marijuana card you can use cannabis without concerns of possible legal issues.